Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Farewell to Cleveland










My I’m off to the Peace Corps party on Sunday, May 30, was everything I could have hoped for. Friends came from far and wide, including Wellington and Elyria. My nephew and his sweetheart came up from Cincinnati, and my daughter Janet came from Maryland to lend a hand with the preparations. Former students, friends from Plymouth Church, JCU faculty, and many folks from the dance community were also there. The food was good, and plentiful, as it always is at potlucks. Mud in Yer Eye provided their great music for dancing. We rotated calling of contra dances among Kathy, Margaret, Kenny, and Mora and a great time was had by all. The pictures above tell the story. Check out the one of me waltzing with Janet to Jan’s Waltz by Chris Karr. Thanks to everybody who contributed to making this the party I had dreamed of. What a great send off!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I missed your party! Go forth and inspire those girls.

    ReplyDelete